Descendants of Henry Lawson
Generation No. 1
1. HENRY6 LAWSON (WILLIAM B.5, JEREMIAH4, WILLIAM II3, WILLIAM2, ?1) was born Abt. 1847 in Scott Co., Virginia, and died Abt. 1924 in unknown location. He married (1) MARY M. HENDERSON July 27, 1865 in Carter Co. Kentucky, daughter of ROBERT JASPER HENDERSON and AMY J. GILBERT. She was born March 13, 1844 in Carter Co. Kentucky, and died 1908 in unknown location. He married (2) ISABEL SPRINGER September 1912 in Rowan Co, KY. She was born 1877 in Kentucky, and died October 1956 in Elizabethton, Carter, TN.
Notes for HENRY LAWSON:
The location of Henry's death & burial is unknown. Children of his son James know that he lived with them for a time in Nicholas, Co, WV, as they were told this by their parents. But these still living children were too young at the time to have any strong recollections of time spent with the grandfather and are unaware of where he died.
Notes for MARY M. HENDERSON:
Other researchers have an extensive pedigree for Mary Henderson's ancestors. The picture we have of Mary & Henry taken about 1904 shows evidence of some type of Native American ancestry . None the less, the research done by many people does not show any Indian connection within her close ancestors. The Henderson's are known to be of Scottish descent. Most of the other names in her ancestry appear to be of English bloodlines. Other Henderson descendants in the same line as Mary also show this same physical appearance. If she is truly of Indian descent it is most likely from a female who married (or maybe didn't marry) into the family. For now, there is no known explanation.
Children of HENRY LAWSON and MARY HENDERSON are:
2. i. ROBERT7 LAWSON, b. Carter Co. Kentucky; d. Aft. 1900.
ii. NEOMA LAWSON, d. Unknown.
Notes for NEOMA LAWSON:
Nothing has been found on Neoma. Her name came from Frances Lawson's family bible.
3. iii. AMY ELLEN "PINK" LAWSON, b. Carter Co. KY.
iv. ELLIRA LAWSON, d. unknown.
Notes for ELLIRA LAWSON:
Nothing has been found on Ellira. This name also came from the family bible.
4. v. WILLIAM C. LAWSON, b. 1866, Carter Co. Kentucky; d. 1915, Rowan Co., KY.
vi. HENRY (BABY) LAWSON, b. 1870, Carter Co, KY; d. infancy.
vii. EASTER S. LAWSON, b. May 13, 1878, Carter Co. Kentucky; d. Deceased.
viii. JEFFERSON LAWSON, b. 1881, Kentucky.
Notes for JEFFERSON LAWSON:
Listed on 1910 Rowan KY census, 29 years old, living with Henry and brother James. Listed as married twice, but no wife in the household. Two names for wives I have been given yet but not confirmed are Amanda Hamilton and Sis McGlone. Living family states they were told that at least one wife left him while he worked away from home.
5. ix. JAMES A. GARFIELD LAWSON, b. March 20, 1888, Kentucky; d. February 22, 1964, California.
Generation No. 2
2. ROBERT7 LAWSON (HENRY6, WILLIAM B.5, JEREMIAH4, WILLIAM II3, WILLIAM2, ?1) was born in Carter Co. Kentucky, and died Aft. 1900. He married MARTHA BRANHAM.
Children of ROBERT LAWSON and MARTHA BRANHAM are:
i. SHIRLEY8 LAWSON.
ii. DANIEL LAWSON.
iii. THEODORE LAWSON.
iv. SYLVIA LAWSON.
v. MARY LAWSON.
vi. GOLDIE LAWSON.
vii. ESTELLE LAWSON.
viii. ORVILLE LAWSON.
ix. LAURA BELLE LAWSON, b. Abt. 1887, Kentucky; d. 1958, Alderson, WV; m. HARVEY BOSTON FRALEY, Abt. 1912, Rowan Co., KY.
3. AMY ELLEN "PINK"7 LAWSON (HENRY6, WILLIAM B.5, JEREMIAH4, WILLIAM II3, WILLIAM2, ?1) was born in Carter Co. KY. She married JACK HAMILTON. He was born May 07, 1877.
Notes for AMY ELLEN "PINK" LAWSON:
Aunt "Pink" as she was called is believed to have died in the 1940's. The date was given t o me by another researcher and I have no positive confimation of this date. I can't find a n exact match for her in the SSDI. Her nieces and nephews by brother James, do believe thi s date of 1947 to be about right. My father in law states he thinks Pink did die several yea rs before his marriage and he was married in 1953. Also unsure of where she died but said t o be "back east", Kentucky, West Virginia or Virginia are likely.
Notes for JACK HAMILTON:
Children of AMY LAWSON and JACK HAMILTON are:
i. ROBERT8 LAWSON, m. VICTORIA MCCLELLAN; b. February 03, 1903, Wise Co., Virginia; d. October 1982, Hayward, California.
Notes for ROBERT LAWSON:
Born out of wedlock, father unknown
ii. JEFF HAMILTON.
Notes for JEFF HAMILTON:
died in infancy
iii. MOLLIE HAMILTON.
Notes for MOLLIE HAMILTON:
died in infancy
iv. PEARL HAMILTON, b. May 08, 1900; d. Aft. 1940.
v. MARY HAMILTON, b. May 28, 1910; d. Aft. 1950.
4. WILLIAM C.7 LAWSON (HENRY6, WILLIAM B.5, JEREMIAH4, WILLIAM II3, WILLIAM2, ?1) was born 1866 in Carter Co. Kentucky, and died 1915 in Rowan Co., KY. He married HANETTE "ETTY" HELTERBRAND September 02, 1892 in Rowan Co, KY. She was born 1871.
Children of WILLIAM LAWSON and HANETTE HELTERBRAND are:
i. ROBERT TAYLOR8 LAWSON, b. 1899, Kentucky; d. July 29, 1972, Rowan Co, Ky; m. MARY MAY NICHOLS; b. 1900; d. June 07, 1965, Lewis Co. KY.
ii. ICABINDA (LUBINDA/LUCINDA) LAWSON, b. Kentucky.
iii. MARY LAWSON, b. Kentucky; m. DAVE HENDERSON.
iv. CLARA LAWSON, b. Kentucky.
v. DANIEL LAWSON, b. 1892, Kentucky; m. ROSE.
vi. MARTHA LAWSON, b. 1902, Kentucky; m. RILEY STACEY; b. October 08, 1896; d. March 15, 1967, Morehead, Rowan, KY.
vii. PEARL LAWSON, b. March 22, 1908; d. October 1977, Roanoke City, VA.; m. WILLIAM LAWHORN.
5. JAMES A. GARFIELD7 LAWSON (HENRY6, WILLIAM B.5, JEREMIAH4, WILLIAM II3, WILLIAM2, ?1) was born March 20, 1888 in Kentucky, and died February 22, 1964 in California. He married (2) FRANCES IDELL MCCLELLAN August 28, 1917 in Coeburn, Va or Morehead, KY, daughter of WILLIAM MCCLELLAN and SALLIE BAKER. She was born January 10, 1896 in Coeburn, Wise Co., Virginia, and died November 01, 1975 in Hayward, California.
Children of JAMES LAWSON and FRANCES MCCLELLAN are:
i. GLADYS MARIE8 LAWSON, b. April 11, 1918, Virginia or West Virginia; d. June 1984, Hayward, CA; m. EDMUND HAMPTON, December 30, 1942, Kansas City, MO; b. October 20, 1918; d. November 14, 1997, Montgomery Co, TX.
ii. EVERETT LAWSON, b. May 26, 1919, Virginia or West Virginia.
iii. JAMES EDWARD LAWSON, b. September 28, 1920, Gauley Bridge, WV; m. FAYE JOYCE VETTER, March 19, 1951, Rock Island Co., Illinois; b. March 21, 1927.
iv. ELMER LAWSON, b. June 10, 1922, Ben Tree, WV; m. DONA "MICKEY" MIZNER, December 15, 1945, Marston, Illinois; b. May 01, 1928.
v. WALTER "BERT" LAWSON, b. November 11, 1923; d. August 12, 1997, Chico, Butte, California; m. (1) LILLIAN; m. (2) DELORES; m. (3) LOIS.
vi. NAOMI IRENE LAWSON, b. August 22, 1925, Ben Tree, WV; m. (1) DWIGHT HAMPTON, February 16, 1944, Maquoketa, Iowa; m. (2) DWIGHT HAMPTON, February 16, 1944, Maquoceta, Iowa; b. December 22, 1921.
vii. JEFFERSON BUREN LAWSON, b. February 26, 1927, Ben Tree WV; m. JOETTE ELIZABETH HERZET (CAULEY), September 19, 1953, Moline, Illinois; b. March 09, 1931, Moline, Illinois; d. 1991, New Windsor, Illinois.
viii. OPAL SALLY LAWSON, b. June 17, 1928, Ben Tree, WV; m. KENNETH HAMPTON, October 16, 1948, Hayward, CA; b. January 1920; d. March 1984, Ozark, Franklin, Arkansas.
ix. HAROLD MILLARD LAWSON, b. March 06, 1930, Arcola, Illinois; d. June 15, 1993, Alpha, Henry, Illinois; m. GLORIA PETERSON, May 01, 1953, Swedona, Mercer, Illinois; b. January 27, 1934.
Notes for HAROLD MILLARD LAWSON:
Born on the road as family was moving from Ben Tree, WV to Montpelier, Iowa
x. ROY J. LAWSON, b. August 30, 1932, Scott Co. Iowa; d. September 1986, Rock Island Co., Illinois; m. BETTY IRENE GRITTON, November 14, 1953, Orion, Henry Co, Illinois; b. July 08, 1935.
xi. BEULAH LAWSON, b. January 14, 1934, Montpelier, Scott Co., Iowa; m. GROVER SLOAN, November 14, 1953, Orion, IL; b. January 03, 1932; d. November 20, 1999, Andover, Henry, IL.
xii. PAUL LAWSON, b. February 18, 1936; m. MARY SWANSON, February 1957, Aledo, Mercer, Illinois.
Submitted by: Patti Lawson
Henry and Mary Henderson Lawson photo