History of the Town of Hillsboro & Its Inhabitants


William M. Talley, Vanceburg, KY &
Jean Rankin Denton (dec.), Flemingsburg, KY

Offered to the Fleming County Kentucky website through the generosity of Teddy Brock, and the work and courtesy of William M. Talley of Vanceburg (Lewis County) Kentucky. We thank you and the late Jean Rankin Denton for your generosity.

[Published in the Fleming Gazette June 25, 1953]

"When I was a very small boy", writes famous Methodist minister Henry Clay NORTHCUTT, "I sometimes visited a hatter shop kept by a very old man, by name FOUDRAY. He lived at a cross roads, one leading North to Flemingsburg, the other East and West ... This shop manufactured our hats, mostly of wool but some of fur."

"I remember the old Bell crown stove-pipe style (hat) at least an inch in diameter, larger at the top than at the band. There were three sons of that family: William, James and Sacheverell. The first was a hatter; the second was a salesman in dry goods stores; the third, called Chev for short, was the first tavern and saloon-keeper of the village."

It was this family of first settlers in that region, the FOUDRAYS, which gave the name Foudraysburg to the village. For some time the town was known as "the burg", but we are told that later, the citizens themselves named it Hillsboro.

The incorporation of the town at Hillsboro, Ky. was accomplished on February 7, 1839. At that time, the population was 250. According to the 1950 census, the population is now 150.

The very first business in Hillsboro was, of course, the above mentioned hatter's shop, owned and operated by the FOUDRAYS and located facing Main St. where Minor DENTON now has a tobacco patch. This was followed in 1836 or 1838 by Rev. Basil HUNT'S dry goods and grocery store.

Rev. HUNT'S brick building, which housed the store, was constructed by Washington VANLANDINGHAM, who made the bricks on a lot north of Hillsboro. The first salesman In the store was Henry PICKRELL, who finally bought the business.

Afterwards, Rev. D. S. BARKSDALE became a partner with Mr. PICKRELL, but they later dissolved partnership and Mr. BARKSDALE established a business of his own. Later Mr. PICKRELL moved to Carlisle, where he sold dry goods for the rest of his life.

Prior to leaving for Carlisle, Mr. PICKRELL sold his store to Thomas M. CRAIN, eldest son of Mrs. Jane CRAIN. Humphrey CRAIN was a salesman in the store for many years, but did not live to be an old man. His brother James succeeded him, later owned the store, became Police Judge, and finally a member of the Legislature. It was this James CRAIN who, while in the Legislature, introduced the bill which made Fleming County dry.

One of the earliest blacksmith shops was operated by David HEDGES and was located on the north side of town. However, before there was any idea of a village, Joseph Steel had a blacksmith shop at the corner of the south end of Main street. A Mr. John TAYLOR bought the house located opposite Joseph STEEL'S blacksmith shop and there made shoes. Mr. TAYLOR had never learned to write and Rev. H. C. NORTHCUTT, when but a boy, helped him post books once a week. Nearly all the business was conducted on credit. The shop of Joseph Steel was torn down and a much larger building was constructed. This was made a school, which will be discussed later.

One of the early prominent residents of Hillsboro was Enoch G. SHIELDS, grandfather of Mrs. Renalin CRAIN, who married Rebecca ROBERTSON. Mr. SHIELDS and a brother-in-law, F. P. ROBERTSON, had a dry goods store in the village.

William TURNER had a tailor shop next door to the old Foudray hatter shop. A shoemaker, named Robert FORD, also was in business there. James FARRIS, son-in-law of James DEERING, was an early barrel maker.

The Hillsboro saloon was operated in the beginning by Sacheverell FOUDRAY, then by Washington VANLANDINGHAM who, we are told, was called Flannigan for short. Afterwards, Lewis CRAIN, son of James CRAIN, Sr., acquired the place. Wrote Rev. NORTHCUTT, "The Hillsboro saloon drew the thirsty from afar, as well as near."

A Mr. COCHRAN ran a tannery at what was known as "Cochran's Gap", located one mile East of Hillsboro where Claude and Noel SORRELL, with their families, now reside. This Mr. COCHRAN'S daughter was the wife of William TURNER, the aforementioned tailor.

Further east lived James GORREL, another barrel maker who is buried at Eden's Chapel, and made lard kegs from linden tree timber during his little time. John KERNS owned and operated a store where Mr. and Mrs. C. E. JETT now live. In 1908, there was a creamery located where Pete McDONALD and Curtis TURNER now live.

Capt. Marion GRAY and Humphrey DAY owned a store jointly in 1890, on the spot where Minor DENTON'S store is now located. Capt. GRAY later sold out his part to a Mr. SAUNDERS. The store operated for a while as Day and Saunders. Then, SAUNDERS owned it alone until Oliver B. DENTON and Humphrey DAY again purchased the business. For years the store was known as Denton and Day, until Oliver DENTON'S son, Minor, eventually bought out the entire business.

Humphrey Allen Marshall DAY was the husband of Mrs. Mary DAY and the father of Mrs. J. Paul HUNTER of this city; of Mrs. A. W. FOELLGER (Reuby DAY) of Maysville; of Hubert DAY of Springfield, Ohio and of Mrs.H. H. HENDRY (Olive DAY) of Jenkins, Ky. Humphrey DAY also was the grandfather of Mrs. Robert CRAIN of this city.

In 1874, John CLARKE, son of John and Mary Jane Morgan CLARKE and father of Mr. Johnny CLARKE, ran a hotel in Hillsboro. Then, in 1884, he opened a funeral home. It was this funeral home which had the first factory made caskets in the village.

Charles NEALIS, a farmer who lived west of Hillsboro, made caskets himself and buried people. John EDWARDS was a cabinet maker and casket maker who moved to Hillsboro around 1875. He married Sallie TONER. Sam SHIELDS owned a grocery store and operated it in the same place where his father, Enoch SHIELDS, had been in business. Once, Hillsboro had a broom factory owned by a stock company and operated by a man by the name of Tom JONES.

Commission House

Hillsboro was once a wholesale (or commission) town for Eastern Kentucky people, who came from West Liberty, etc. Three men operated a commission house in Hillsboro before 1878. They operated horse teams to Maysville, brought goods to Hillsboro, then hauled the goods by ox teams to the mountains.


The first doctor in Hillsboro was young Dr. Simpson RIGGEN who married Louisa, daughter of Mrs. Jane CRAIN, but Mrs. RIGGEN did not live long, and Dr. RIGGEN moved to Flemingsburg to practice after her death. He is buried either at New Hope Church or at Stockton Station. Other early doctors were Dr. R. Emmitt WINTERS, who moved from Minerva and first located at Grange City;

Dr. W. E. CONWAY, who was a teacher and a "self-made" doctor; Drs. Richard KACKLEY and JONES who practiced in the 1870's. Dr. KACKLEY was the grandfather of Elizabeth KACKLEY and of Virginia Kackley SAUNDERS of Lexington. Dr. JONES lived on the corner where the DAVIS sisters now own property.  [Read more about Dr. Conway]

Later doctors were: S. F. O'BRIEN; C. R. GARR (who occupied the residence of Mrs. Mary DAY) and who had two sons; Dr. Clyde L. GARR, prominent Flemingsburg physician and Dr. Charles GARR, Lexington physician. Dr. GARR originally came from near Louisville, and Dr. Clyde GARR was born in the DAY residence.

Buying out Dr. GARR'S practice when the latter moved to Flemingsburg was Dr. HUFF, who practiced there for two years. He was later elected to the Legislature. The present Hillsboro physician is Dr. W. S. REEVES, father of Mrs. Estill DENTON, Margaret REEVES, Victor REEVES, Mrs. Georgia HAVENS and Emerson REEVES of Akron, Ohio.

The Bank

The Bank of Hillsboro was built in 1903 and dedicated in October of that year. Located where the postoffice now stands, it continued in business until 1914. The bank's first cashier was S. A. DOWD and 0. B. GRAHAM was the president. Mr. GRAHAM had three sons-Larue, Ernest and Curtis. Upon the death of his father, Larue became cashier. After 0. B. GRAHAM had died, his son, wanting to wind up his father's business, quit banking and the enterprise was taken over by the People's Bank.

Two Great Fires

The first of Hillboro's two most famous fires occurred in 1874 and was started by robbers. Several buildings were burned, among them being E. G. SHIELDS' store, J. W. CRAIN'S store, the wholesale house of J.A.H. KERNS, and the drugstore of L. J. JONES. The buildings, however, were all replaced after the first fire.

The second fire of some importance occurred in 1917. A huckster was using a light to candle eggs. Forgetting his business, he left it for a moment. The light exploded and the same territory which was burned in 1874, burned again in 1917.


Sometime after 1838 the Hillsboro Library Co. was organized. The entrance fee to this organization was $5.00, which gave the members right to one book at a time. There were about 40 members and Benjamin NORTHCUTT, Jr. was appointed to go to Cincinnati, select and buy the books. The Library was kept in the back room of Pickrell's Store and William HUNT was librarian.

Among the various type books offered to the patrons were historical, scientific, poetical, and philosophical, but no fiction. The library was well patronized for several years, but the books were finally sold at public auction.

Early Schools

The blacksmith's shop of Mr. Joseph STEEL was converted into a schoolhouse and for several years was also used as a place of worship and Sunday School. Henry Clay NORTHCUTT taught school there for five years, beginning with 14 pupils and closing with 60. He was assisted in his last year by his wife.

On the north side of Hillsboro was the Nelson FANT farm. Located here, was what came to be named Fant's School House. On alternate Saturdays it was used as a preaching place for the Southern Methodists. Interesting is the fact that Prof. BALDWIN, who also taught school at Elizaville and later founded the Baldwin Piano Co. in Cincinnati, taught vocal music at Fant Schoolhouse.

Russell ZIMMERMAN now resides where a private school in Hillsboro once stood. The building was later moved and is now the little Methodist church near Shiloh. Miss Tippy HAINLINE, who later married Charles DAVIS, was once the head of a private school in Hillsboro. Another lady who had a private school there was Miss Betty LYONS.

There was once a school located west of the present Hillsboro school. It was a one-room affair and was later moved to the present site of the brick building, then moved again over by the hotel. Land for a Hillsboro school was purchased from Turner ANDERSON and wife on February 6, 1884.

High School

In 1900 the Legislature amended the common school law by requiring each county to establish a high school within its boundaries. Miss Lutie PALMER, now Mrs. Lutie WILLIAMS, who was then county school superintendent, divided the county into six educational districts, and then into 62 sub-districts.

As Flemingsburg declined to offer any inducements for the location of the proposed high school ( it already had a graded high school), Hillsboro was decided upon as the location.

0. B. DENTON and son of Hillsboro donated three and one-half acres of land as a site for the school and, in return, the county agreed to furnish the dirt and land on which to make the brick.

On June 22, 1911 the contract for a two-story building was let to Harding and Simons of Maysville for $7,232.75.

With the completion of the building, the county board of education then decreed that all graduates of county schools must go to Hillsboro in order to get free tuition, provided their grade was being taught there.

A year later, the county board agreed to pay two dollars a month for county graduates who found it more convenient to attend other high schools in the county.

C.O. PIERATT was chosen the first principal of the county high school at the salary of one hundred dollars per month for the nine months term. The second year of the term was reduced to eight months and James MAYNARD became principal at sixty-five dollars a month.

Petitioned by the citizens of Hillsboro, the county board decided to try it for one more eight-months term and C. C. EVANS was employed at fifty dollars a month. With the completion of this term, the county high school ceased to exist.


Douglas I. WINN lived on a farm west of Hillsboro and was an exceptionally able and intelligent teacher there for many years. Another prominent teacher in Hillsboro, of course, was Henry Clay NORTHCUTT. Other early teachers were a HAMMON, a Mr. NORTHCUTT (Henry Clay NORTHCUTT'S brother), Mrs. Lizzie ANDERSON, who later married a Mr. MARKWELL, a Mr. KEERANS, Daniel ROBERTSON, who later became a Methodist minister, Susan YATES, W. H. GEORGE, S. W. MORRISON, Z. J. PHELPS and E. S. MORRISON. Another Hillsboro school teacher was HUNTER, father of Mrs. Ruby H. WATSON.

The Temperance Society

The first chapter of the Sons of Temperance was organized in Flemingsburg, followed by one in Poplar Plains. Several Hillsboro people wanted to organize one there, but there was no suitable room. There had also grown up in Hillsboro, a wish for a Methodist church, so the Sons of Temperance and friends of the Church united and constructed a Methodist church with a hall above. This is where that group of Temperance people held their meetings.

The Methodist Church

Before the Methodist church was built, there was frequent preaching in pleasant weather at a place called Alum Spring, one mile east of Hillsboro. The people of the village often went there to worship with no shelter but umbrellas or trees. Naturally, they sometimes got wet.

One day, while several people gathered at Alum Spring to worship it rained and Henry SHIELDS approached Benjamin NORTHCUTT and said, "Sir, we must have a shed here." That was the beginning of the Methodist Church there.

Soon there was a neighborhood gathering and a shed 64'x40' was constructed, seated and fenced in with a nice pulpit. Later Alum Springs became a great resort.

Among the many eminent ministers who preached at the Alum Spring church were Benjamin NORTHCUTT, Isaac COLLARD, John C. HAVINSON, George W. MERRITT, D. S. BARKSDALE, Drummond WELBURN and Henry Clay NORTHCUTT. However, the building of the Methodist church at Hillsboro caused this place to go down.

Church at Hillsboro

On October 18, 1848 John TAYLORr and wife Polly, sold to D. S. BARKSDALE, H. C. NORTHCUTT, Joseph B. EMMONS, John GRAY and Joseph B. NORTHCUTT, trustees, a lot for the sum of $37 to erect a building for the Methodist Episcopal Church South, in Hillsboro proper. The original Methodist church is not standing now.

On February 27, 1868, James W. CRAIN and wife Martha J. sold to Joseph H. STORY, Silas T. KEITH and Nelson STORY, Trustees of the Methodist church of Hillsboro, a lot lying on the west side of the pike coming from Poplar Plains. On this lot, the present Methodist Church now stands.

Methodist Ministers

Some Methodist ministers were a Mr. DEARING, who boarded in Grange City; Mr. HOFFMAN, Mr. SMITH (1876), Mr. NEWTON, Mrs. CAYWOOD, Mr. Daniel George BROWDER, David ALLEN, Douglas Scorglin DEMAREE, Messrs POWER and HARRIS, E. C. BOSWELL (1891), Curnie SAVAGE (1894), and P.J. ROSS (1897); E. R. GARDINER (1899), father of the late Everett GARDINER and grandfather of Mrs. C. C. PATTERSON, Mrs. A. D. GORMAN and Miss Margaret Warren GARDINER); Rev. J. L. WEST(1903, who was 100 years old this December 24 and lives in Mt. Sterling. Rev. WEST was also pastor at Tilton for a time.); Mr. ELCAR (1906), Mr. POLLETT (1910), Mr.CROSBY (1912); Mr. GREEN, ALLEN and ARMITAGE(1913-1923); HOUSTON, WELLS, GILBERT, HARWOOD (1924-24); TANNER, BAUGH, KELLY and HILL; George BOSWELL (1929), and ROBERTS, the latter being the present pastor.

In the early days of the preachers of the Fleming Circuit of the Methodist church, the ministers preached alternately every two weeks at the residence of Mrs. Jane and Mr. Lewis CRAIN.

Basil HUNT, an early Methodist preacher, owned a large farm near Hillsboro and was an extensive wheat raiser, employing many hands in reaping his harvest.

This Basil HUNT had a son who possessed great ability as a preacher and employed great originality with sound logic. He held a successful debate one day at Alum Springs with a Mr. SMITH, a Universalist. Rev. HUNT was the first man to recognize Hillsboro as a possible successful center of the southern part of Fleming County. By his first wife he had the following children: Miranda, Jane, Elihu, William and Fletcher. They all later went to Indiana. Rev. HUNT'S second wife was a Mrs. WILSON of Lexington. By this union they had one daughter, Alice, who married James W. CRAIN of Hillsboro. After the death of the second Mrs. HUNT, Rev. HUNT then married a Miss HEDRICK of the Poplar Plains vicinity and lived on his farm in this section for many years. However, he ended his days in Indiana.

Jeremiah HUNT, familiarly called "Uncle-Jerry" was another Methodist minister and was well-known. He lived on Licking River near Day's Mill and preached mostly in the mountainous parts of the county where he was very popular.

Rev. Absolum HUNT was an extremely eloquent Methodist preacher of the Western conference and was a fine looking man.

The Christian Church

The first place near Hillsboro where the members of the Christian church congregated was at the James FARRIS home. A Doctor Vintan IRISHMAN was among the first of the early Christian ministers to preach there. His sermons lasted from 90 to 100 minutes. Also, at the FARRIS cabin, Asa MAXEY, another Christian minister, frequently preached. The people erected a stand and fixed seats in the woods back of the McROBERT'S farm afterwards.

The land for the present Christian church in Hillsboro was purchased on November 9, 1859 from Alvin C. DAY and wife Priscilla. However, the present Christian church was not built until the 187O's.

Name of the carpenter who constructed the church was John SHEPHERD who received the sum of almost $1,000 for his work. He put the money in a sack and took off for St. Louis, Mo. on board a boat. But someone stole it.

Early Christian Preachers

J. W. McGARVEY, president of Transylvania College, Lexington, once preached at Hillsboro. Other ministers were Reuben McCORMICK, E. B. KIMBERLY of Poplar Plains, Rev. PANGBURN, E. D. YATES, Rev. HARKINS, Rev. BUTLER, Rev. Frank TINDER, A. BLEDSOE, Robert TEMPLEMAN, Acie MAXEY and Kern MAXEY.

New Hope Church

New Hope Church was a Presbyterian church of great influence and was in the midst of a settlement of Irish Presbyterians. Constructed of hewn Logs about 40'X50' with gallery and boxed pulpit, it was truly a product of their congregation, who contributed the logs and labor.

Officers in the church were David STRAHAN, Daniel WILLIAMSON and James S. HAMILTON. David WILLS was superintendent of the Sunday school and James K. BURCH preached the first sermon there. The church yard is large and many early graves are still to be found there. Among the names to be found there are SAUNDERS, DAY, WALTON, RAWLINGS, GRAHAM, DAVIS, STORY, SHEPHERD, CROW, ROYSE, DENTON, CRAIN and NORTHCUTT.

The Railroad

The train made its first trip from Johnson Jct. to Hillsboro in 1878 and one of its passengers on that occasion was Mrs. Mary DAY. the management gave everyone who wished to ride it on the first day a free ride, and the train was full.

John MILLS was the first engineer on the train. He was the man for whom Mills Avenue here in Flemingsburg was named. Ed ANDREWS was the train's conductor. Later conductors were Harvey MYERS and John MORRIS.

In 1880 a certain company bought the train and planned to run it to the coal fields at Pound Gap, Virginia, but, somehow, the plans failed. The last trip was made May 10, 1907.

Worth relating is the story told by Minor DENTON, to wit: Once, a man got off the train at Hillsboro and said, "I've traveled over almost all of the United States, but this is the first time I've ever come to the end of the railroad."

Old Homes

One of the out-standing historical dwellings enroute to Hillsboro is the house where John Arnold DENTON and family now reside. The chimney and rock for the foundation were hauled from Virginia by ox-cart about 1817 by Francis Reno DAVIS, son of Elias DAVIS and grandfather of Mrs. John Arnold DENTON. Elias DAVIS later came to Kentucky and settled back of what is now the DENTON home.

Francis Reno DAVIS and family are buried at the New Hope graveyard. The story is related that during the Civil War, when soldiers camped near the DENTON home, members of the family hid money and sugar in the little attic above the porch. The hill back of the house is called Sugar Camp Hill, as there used to be so many sugar maple trees there.

On top of the hill, by the house, is a thorn tree, near which is a grave. The name of the man buried there is thought to be DEERING. This farm and home is the only one from Flemingsburg to Hillsboro that has not changed hands from the family who built it.

Sam SHIELDS, brother of Enoch, resided in the house where Raymond DENTON now lives. The old house standing by Minor DENTON'S store is part log. The chimney was constructed in the 1870's and the log part was built in the 1830's.

Early Families

The James SHIELDS' family were among Hillsboro's early residents. They occupied a farm adjoining William CRAIN'S. There were 8 sons: Hezekiah, Alexander, John, Thomas, Sam, Jarvis, Henry and Enoch. James went west and entered official life. A near resident on the Northeast was Aunt Sally WALTON, widow of John WALTON, mother of Ben, John, Job, Mark, Parker, Matthew, Nancy, and Polly. She was celebrated for her large size and wonderful voice. It was said that when her sons failed to come home she did not need a trumpet to call them, she just yelled and they heard her.

Zadok PAYNE'S farm was east of Hillsboro and ran into the foothills of the Cumberland mountains. The LYONS and NORTHCUTT families were near, and in these three homes, 39 children were reared. The PAYNES had 16, the LYONS had 8 and the NORTHCUTTS had 15.

Another early resident was Old Billy DEERING, who in later life was a widower with 3 grandsons---Simpson, Allen and Alford. Simpson married Miss Ruth DILLON and Allen became a skillful carpenter.

The FANT family first lived in Hillsboro before going to Sherburne. The family patriarch was Nelson FANT, a native of Virginia, who had two daughters, Louisa and Juliet and one son, William. Juliet married Selucius GARFIELD, cousin of President GARFIELD, and she is buried at Sherburne. William married a Miss SAUNDERS of Sharpsburg, and became a very prominent businessman in Sherburne.

Jacob TRUMBO early settled near Hillsboro and married Mary NORTHCUTT. Their children were Elizabeth, Deborah, Sarah, Martha, Jacob and Asa. Residing east of Hillsboro was Planalyn HUMPHRIES, the son of Uncle Billy HUMPHRIES who, it is thought, became a preacher in the New Light Church. He later moved to Triplett Creek. Near this family lived the OVERTON family, natives of Virginia. Mr. OVERTON'S son, Creedwell, married Mary VANSANT, daughter of William VANSANT.

The GRAHAM family, sometimes called "GRIMES", were residents west of Hillsboro. The early family is buried at the New Hope graveyard. Old James GRAHAM lived on Locust Creek, and his house was used as a regular preaching place for Methodist ministers.

James GRAHAM had at least three sons: Robert, a salesman at Day's Mill; Alfred, who died young and William GRAHAM, who married Lydia Ann DEERING. At one time, the entire GRAHAM family lived at the old Tom RAWLINGS farm east of the old Locust meeting house.

Three brothers of the STORY family were Joseph, James and Elijah. Joseph STORY married a daughter of James GRAHAM. James emigrated to Indiana around 1836. Elijah had three sons and a daughter, and later owned and lived at Martha Mills. John LYONS followed James STORY'S daughter to Indiana and married her, bringing her back to Hillsboro. They both made the journey on horseback.

West of Hillsboro, one and one-half miles, lived the family of Isaac and Rachael TERHUNE, who are buried at New Hope. They had no childen, but adopted a daughter who married Samuel LYONS, brother of John. The TERHUNES reared a boy named William MAUPIN.

Other early settlers were around New Hope church and consisted of the prominent English families such as the DAYS and SAUNDERSES.

Hillsboro By Durbin Nealis [assume these are from the local paper....social items. TB]

Rev. and Mrs. KELLY and daughter of Ohio were here Thursday visiting Mr. and Mrs. W. S. McKEE.

Mr. and Mrs. M. R. HAWKINS and Robert HUTTON were in Maysville Friday. Mrs. HAWKINS went to consult a specialist.

Raleigh BOYD of Louisville was here over the weekend visiting his mother, Mrs. Flora BOYD.

Mr. Berman DENTON of Marmet, W. Va., visited his father M. A. DENTON and other relatives here Saturday.

Mr. and Mrs. Eugene JETT and Mrs. William GORMAN were in Lexington Friday.

Misses Anna and Pauline DAVIS are visiting their sister, Mrs. Charles PLANCK in Dayton, Ohio.

Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence RADER and children of Lockland,O., were week-end visitors of Mr. and Mrs. Roy PAYNE.

Mr. and Mrs. Wilburn PAYNE of California were here the past week visiting his father and Mrs. PAYNE.

Mr. and Mrs. Clarence STORY and three children of Springfield, O., were the guests of Dr. and Mrs. Caleb RATLIFF Saturday and Sunday.

Rev. and Mrs. Randall HILL and daughter, Emily, left Saturday for Cynthiana and from there to Atlanta, Ga., to attend a summer school of the Methodist church.

Rev. Paul GILLESPIE was a dinner guest Sunday of Mr. and Mrs. M. E. JETT.

Mrs. Mary Elizabeth RICE came over Saturday from Richmond where she is attending summer school. Re- turning Sunday evening.

Sunday was the longest day of the year, also the hottest, 98 to 100 in the shade.

Mrs. M. R. HAWKINS has been on the sick list the past week. Robert HUTTON accompanied Mr. and Mrs. Ogden STORY to Cincinnati Monday where Mrs. STORY will receive medical attention.

Updated 30 Jan 2007